Forms & Documents

This page lists the most common public forms and documents used by Animal Services

Bite Report Forms

Printable Bite Report (PDF) - This document is used by medical professionals who are treating an animal bite.

If you need to report an animal bite, visit the Reports & Complaints page

Lost Pet Resources

Submit a lost animal report

Redemption fees

What to Do When You've Lost Your Pet (PDF)

KCAS Lost pet database: Cats Dogs Other


For more information, see the Lost Pets Page.

Clinic Schedules

These clinics offer low-cost vaccinations and micro-chipping to all county residents, and animal licensing services to residents who live in the unincorporated areas of Kern County or in the contracted city of Tehachapi.

 Clinic schedules

Tuesday Evening Clinics (PDF) - held in Bakersfield

Saturday Clinics (PDF) - held in locations throughout the County

Licensing Forms and Documents

Dog license application (PDF)

Rabies exemption form (PDF)

For additional information, see the Licensing page

Application forms

Volunteer application (PDF)

Foster care application

Horse foster care application (PDF)

Rescue Partner Application documents

Commercial Animal Facility Permit Application (PDF)   

For additional information, see the Volunteer and Foster pages.

Spay/Neuter Resources

KCAS Low-Income Voucher Program (PDF)


For additional information, see the Spay/Neuter Resources page

Administrative Hearings

Request for Administrative Hearing (PDF)

Request for Hardship Waiver (PDF)