Report Animal Cruelty (Abuse or Neglect)

Kern County Animal Services investigates animal complaint reports only for residents who live in the unincorporated areas of Kern County (including the unincorporated municipalities of Frazier Park, Lamont, Mojave, Oildale, and Rosamond) or in the contracted city of Tehachapi. Residents of other incorporated cities will have to go through their city agency for this service.

Which agency investigates animal complaint reports for my community?

What Happens After You Report a Problem

Animal Services investigates complaint reports during the hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday - Friday. (excluding County holidays (PDF)). For complaints that are sent during normal business hours, Animal Services will dispatch an Animal Control Officer to investigate as soon as possible, based on priority. Animal cruelty is a high priority.

Complaints that are sent outside of normal business hours will be responded to as soon as possible on the next working day.

Additional information:

Report Form

*Denotes Required Field

Person Completing This Form
Animal Type
If you select Other Animal Type you must specify.
Reason(s) for Complaint

Other Reasons

You must state the reason(s) for your complaint.
Description of Complaint and Animal
Location of Complaint
Specific Directions or Additional Comments