Report Barking Dog/Noisy Animal

Animal Services investigates complaint reports during the hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday - Friday. (excluding County holidays (PDF))

For assistance outside of those hours, contact the Sheriff's Department at (661) 861-3110 while the barking/noise is occurring.

What Happens After You Report a Problem

For the first barking dog/noisy animal complaint in 6 months, Animal Services will send out a warning letter to the owner that explains the law in this area. (See The Law section above). Please wait 10 days before lodging another complaint, to allow the letter to arrive and for the animal owner to respond and make corrections if that is their intent.

For subsequent complaints within a 6-month period, Animal Services will dispatch an Animal Control Officer to investigate during normal business hours.

Your identity and contact information (as the person reporting the issue) can be kept confidential at the department level. You must include your street address in the report.

Report Form

*Denotes Required Field

Person Completing This Form
Animal Type
If you select Other Animal Type you must specify.
Reason(s) for Complaint

Noise Issues

Description of Complaint and Animal
Location of Complaint
Specific Directions or Additional Comments